Guns and the citizens that own them - PodCast #17

Introduction:

I am writing this article because many people on social media asked me about my views concerning guns, if I’m pro or against government gun control. 


People in Canada and USA are passionate about the subject and generally they have a made up viewpoint about guns, leaving a very few minority who are neutral or don’t have an opinion about the subject.


Every time I try to ask questions about the subject I get idiotic responses filled with insults by both sides telling me how stupid I am thinking this way or the other way. Perhaps I’m writing this article in order to avoid insults in a civilized discussion about an important subject. 



Thesis:

Whenever I think about whether the government should ban guns or allow law abiding citizens to own them for self defense against criminals who do not follow the rules nor care about gun control; I always ask the question: Why do people think guns are a bad thing and not the humans who are using them? Especially when criminals do not respect gun bans and literally all criminals prefer to rob unarmed victims.


Ask a native american how government gun control worked out for them


One can argue that the government has been at war on drugs for almost 50 years, yet they can’t keep drugs off the streets, out of elementary schools, or even in very well controlled prisons.

Yet, the government wants the people to disarm and trust that the government will protect them from criminals. 

This has to do with trust and credibility! Entrusting an entity that wants to strip your ability to protect your most valuable thing in life, which is your safety and well being.



Article:

One could make the argument that:

  • A gun is an object, and has no proclivities one way or another. They can neither be good OR bad.

  • A gun can only reflect the will of its user.

  • A good user uses it to preserve their life from unwarranted aggression by neutralizing threats.

  • A bad user uses it to threaten and kill.

  • We don't ban other tools that we sometimes use incorrectly. We take tools away from ”bad-actors” who don't use them properly.

  • When someone uses THIS tool correctly, our streets are safer and our homes are fortified.

  • Perhaps our time would be better served banning bad actors and not banning inanimate objects.

I think that until the time when the government can guarantee people’s safety without using double language or excuses, I am in support of law-abiding-citizens owning guns for self protection. 

I also believe unarmed citizens are a great target for exploitation by any bad-actor. History is littered with examples of oppressed unarmed people but never the other way around.


Conclusion:

This is an important subject and cannot be taken lightly or be decided unilaterally by a government without having its citizens vote on the subject. 


Until someone who can articulate reasons in favor of banning guns, all I see around me in history and general crimes carried out by criminals against unarmed citizens, tell me that government gun control is a bad thing.


Therefore, I am in support of gun ownership by law abiding citizens for self defense of themselves, loved ones and property.


Please comment/debate this article here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBTQ+ explained in layman's terms and extremely simplified PodCast #11

Online Gaming PodCast - 14