Communicating with me

Introduction:

I receive many messages on various social media and my responses to them vary based on many factors. I decided to write a little info here in order to demystify some misconceptions when communicating with me.




Thesis:

I generally chat back and forth with authentic users who are not anonymous, articulate and can curry on a civil conversation without the need to resort to insults. However, I also chat with anonymous users under certain conditions I explain below in the article. 


In general, I stay away from users who resort to insults and profanities when trying to communicate their point. I consider such users degenerate and in order to communicate with them, one must stoop down to their level, which I will not do.



Article:

My definition of authentic users who are not anonymous is someone with verified social media blogging content they made themselves and where you can see their image with face and other information about them. 


You can take me for example, if you go to my X account or my personal website isydia.com you will be able to tell that I am not anonymous and that I am an authentic user.

  • You can see my portrait pictures

  • You can find information about which country and city I live in

  • You will know what I do for a living

  • You will know my marital status and who my partner is.

  • You can find all my social media and I’m not anonymous on all of them

  • You will see a clear way on how to contact me 

Among many other information I made public.


If your online profile does not contain the above, i.e.

  • Your social media contains reblogged content or memes

  • You have a profile picture that can’t be verified (i.e. could be not your real image)

  • No meaningful information about you . etc…

I will consider you anonymous


Some users prefer to be anonymous for various reasons, some are legitimate. However, if you want to communicate with me then you will go by my rules, if you want me to respond to you in a meaningful way.


How to chat with me if you are anonymous

An important thing to note is that I will immediately put you in the suspicious category when you are anonymous. The internet is full of fraudsters and proceeding with extreme caution is not unwarranted.


Therefore, here is what I look for if you decide to communicate with me when you are an anonymous user, and expect a meaningful response:

  1. Tell me your name, country and city you live in.

  2. State the purpose of your message. (very important, idle conversations get ignored, or simply will go nowhere with me)

  3. Be direct and don’t beat around the bushes

  4. Keep the conversation civil, refrain from using profanities or insults

  5. If your intention is to make friends, then:

    1. Send two clear, well lit images of yourself. First image should be a portrait showing your face and eyes. Second image is a full body image to see you as a whole.

    2. Send me a list of your social media where your images can be verified.


The above information will give you the benefit of doubt and will start you on a more trusted foot step than being anonymous under a suspicious category.


The best method of contact

I use X platform as my main social media. Contacting me on X is my preferred method. 



Conclusion:

You might not agree with my methods of communication or think it’s a bit too much and that’s OK. After all, it is my rule and no one is forcing you to do anything you don’t want.


From my perspective, I receive many messages from all kinds of people and not all are genuine. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBTQ+ explained in layman's terms and extremely simplified PodCast #11

Guns and the citizens that own them - PodCast #17

Online Gaming PodCast - 14